Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Sunset Over Mount Rainier

I often say, "What a beautiful world we live in," but it's moments and sights like this that still to this day make me stop and really feel what is right before my very eyes. Over the years I've had the privilege to step foot on every continent, visit dozens and dozens of countries, meet people from all over the world, and swim in every ocean, but even today I still am in awe at what a beautiful world we live in and am amazed at the many creations we have before us.

I feel lucky that through my photography, poetry, and writings I'm able to share what I see and feel with everyone. It's often said that a picture is worth a thousand words, but with me you get the story too, poetic or not. ;) It's just my inspiration and I want to share it with everyone I can. Okay, back on track now...

Yes, the sun sets every day over Mount Rainier and I've seen it probably hundreds of times since I lived in Seattle for a couple years back in college (Go Dawgs!), but look at this! Wow, what majesty as the sun sets over her on a beautiful night with the low, wispy clouds around the base of the mountain.


Spectacular and just breathtaking. Sometimes I wish people around the world would spend more time and effort seeing, touching, feeling, and experiencing than talking, fighting, etc. Oh, well, that's just me.  I guess that's why I can enjoy a day at the beach with my feet in the sand and water and just "be" with it, for hours. So, I hope you can spend a little time with this photo and try to imagine being there. Maybe next time when you're flying into Seattle, catch the later flight and get a window seat, yes?

Oh, one last thing. And just think, Bigfoot is down there somewhere looking up and probably saying/feeling the exact same thing! ;) Yeah, but he/she can't fly! (that we know of). I'm sure Bigfoot would, no doubt, easily slip past the wonderful TSA with no problem at all.

Mahalo for flying with Captain Bobby Mitchel



.

2 comments:

  1. Loved this post. Re-posted a shortened version. Hoping that's okay.It's so special.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and no problem at all. I'm glad you enjoyed it. Mahalo ;)

      Delete