Sunday, August 21, 2011

Panko Crusted Mango/Pineapple Chutney Chicken Breast w/ Portuguese Sausage

Okay, my first recipe I'm adding to this blog is also my entry into the Hawaiian Airlines, 'Flavors Take Flight' contest. Imagine that! What a coincidence. I made this from scratch for Dawn and my MIL, Marge.

My inspiration? Well, I had a vision of a sushi roll, but cooked and with a local, Hawaiian touch to include local fruits and meat...and a little heat.

So I began with making the Mango/Pineapple Chutney. Saute 2 cubed mangos, 1/2 c. diced pineapple, 1 c. diced red onion, 1/2 c. diced red pepper, 1/8 c. diced fresh Ginger, 1/2 tsp Hunan red chili sauce till soft. Add 4 oz pineapple juice, 2 oz apple cider vinegar, 1/4 c. brown sugar, & 1/2 tsp lemon grass puree. Cook on low heat 30 min. Cool.



Cook & Drain 6 oz chopped portuguese sausage. Some of the bigger pieces were for my First Officer, Kona Kai. You have to take care of the crew, ya know! 

  


Then pound out 4 chicken breasts, brush with herb mixture: 1 TBS chopped basil, 1 TBS chopped cilantro, 1 TBS chopped parsley. Layer fresh spinach leaves, then sausage. 



Spoon over mango chutney, mozzarella and monterey jack cheese. Roll, then cover in egg wash and dip in panko bread crumbs. 
 


Broil 10 minutes in oven at 500 degrees, then bake at 375 for 10 minutes.




Remove, let cool, slice and serve with white rice.



This is how it came out and it was ONOLICIOUS BRAH!

If you think it looks good too, please vote for me and tell all your friends. Here's the link to the Hawaiian Airlines contest:


Mahalo, and thank you for joining me on this flight this evening and for flying with Bobby Mitchel!

1 comment:

  1. Ono! Thanks for an amazing meal, this recipe deserves to win!

    ReplyDelete