Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Snuggling Support Efforts (Hawaiian Airlines' Flavors Take Flight)

Well, today I was, once again, surprised to find Kona Kai (my FO) and Malu (Bear/Shark Bait) playing together and actually snuggling at times. Dogs and cats are not supposed to do this, right? Oh, well, here's proof...


So I get this idea! I added to the photo the little 'Thumbs Up' icon from the Hawaiian Air recipe contest and imbedded it into the photo and then posted the whole thing onto my Facebook page. 


Then I added the caption as follows:

Kona Kai & Malu look at the little red 'Thumbs Up' that they'd like you to click on in the following link so I can win the Hawaiian Air recipe contest


Pretty ingenious, huh? I should get votes just for creativity. I looked at some of the recipes on Hawaiian Air's FB page and they flat out suck! I mean, some don't even include pictures and some look as if they were made up while entering the contest. I created this dish just this past weekend and tested on a couple of incredibly tough critics...Dawn and my MIL? There's a gutsy move, right there! So, anyway, with me you get multimedia, Baby! I think my next 'groveling for votes' play will be in the form of a Haiku. :)

I don't normally do this sort of thing, but this looked too easy. I mean, I cook and am writing a cookbook, I'm a photographer, Hawaii is my 'home', and I'm an airline pilot. This whole thing played out perfectly to have my name all over it. Well, except that I'm not a 'Hawaiian Air' pilot...yet...'till we buy them, that is. ;) Oh, yeah, you heard it here first.

So, anyway, I need more votes if I have any chance of winning this contest. I need to at least get into the top 10 because that's the group that the finalists come from and that's the first page that the average FB user sees when he/she visits the contest site. 

As of last night, I was on page 5 with 16 votes. I am now on page 2 with 23 votes and need 34 votes to make page 1, and 36 votes to be in the top 10. The leader right now has 148 votes! Crap! I stay way behind, brah!

So, we'll see what happens in the coming hours and days. Off to my next project.

Mahalo for flying with Captain Bobby Mitchel

No comments:

Post a Comment